30 Love Quotes That Express Exactly What ‘I Love You’ Really Means
1. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.”
— The Notebook
Read Also: More Inspiration quotes
2. “And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God.”
— Les Miserables
3. “I’m much more me when I’m with you.”
4. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you.
I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.”
— Angelita Lim
5. “In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.”
— Theodor Reik
6. “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.”
— Woody Allen
7. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
— A. A. Milne
8. “You are my best friend, my human diary and my other half. You mean the world to me and I LOVE YOU.”
Love is a teacher …
9. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.”
— Herman Hesse.
10. Being deeply loved by someone gives you
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
11. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.
— C.S. Lewis
12. Love cannot save you from your own fate.
— Jim Morrison
13. When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it—always.
— Mahatma Gandhi
14. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
— Pablo Neruda
15. If music
the food of love, play on.
— William Shakespeare
16. Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.
— John Lennon
17. Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.
— Oscar Wilde
18. What is love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul
— Victor Hugo
19. Sorrow is how we learn to love. Your heart isn’t breaking. It hurts because it’s getting larger. The larger it gets, the more love it holds.
— Rita Mae Brown
20. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope…I have loved none but you.
— Jane Austen
21. It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain.
that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.
— Eleanor Roosevelt
22. Anyone who falls in love is searching for the missing pieces of themselves. So anyone who’s in love gets sad when they think of their lover. It’s like stepping back inside a room you have fond memories of, one you haven’t seen in a long time.
— Haruki Murakami
23. Men are a luxury. Not a necessity.
24. Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
— François de La Rochefoucauld
25. You only learn to love again when you fall in love again.
26. The greater your capacity to feel love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain.
— Jennifer Aniston
27. A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
— Thomas Carlyle
28. A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him.
— Brendan Francis
29. Love liberates. It doesn’t bind.
— Maya Angelou
30. I believe there are some things in life you can’t deny or rationalize, and [love] is one of them.
— Cate Blanchett