Mid-Air Scare- Mobile Phone Catches Fire In Jet Airways Delhi-Indore Flight !
A mobile phone of a passenger caught fire during a Delhi-Indore Jet Airways flight on Friday, a close shave for nearly 120 people who eventually landed safely after the crew put the device in water.
Atul Dhal said the crew came to help with a fire extinguisher, but it malfunctioned. “I will complain against Jet Airways after I return home,” he said. “This is a question of safety of passengers in flights.”
In a statement, the airline said the device was taken into custody for further investigations. The matter has been referred to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation.
A passenger’s Samsung J7 phone caught fire mid-air in a Delhi- Indore Jet Airways flight and risked lives of around 120 people. The handset belonged to Delhi resident Arpita Dhal and was kept in her handbag under the seat. About 15 minutes into the flight, she noticed smoke from the bag and called the crew for help.
“We are in touch with relevant authorities for more information. At Samsung, customer safety is top priority,” a Samsung India spokesperson said.