Why Control Mind? Mind Control by Swami Vivekananda
1. How has all the knowledge in the world been gained but by the concentration of the powers of the mind? The world is ready to give up its secrets if we only know how to knock, how to give it the necessary blow. The strength and force of the blow come through concentration. There is no limit to the power of the human mind. The more concentrated it is, the more power is brought to bear on one point; that is the secret.
2. Concentration is the essence of all knowledge; nothing can be done without it. Ninety percent of thought force is wasted by the ordinary human being, and therefore he is constantly committing blunders; the trained man or mind never makes a mistake.
3. It takes people a long time to learn things because they can’t concentrate their minds at will.
4. When the mind is concentrated and turned back on itself, all within us will be our servants, not our masters….
5. Herein is the difference between man and the animals–man has the greater power of concentration. The difference in their power of concentration also constitutes the difference between man and man. Compare the lowest with the highest man. The difference is in the degree of concentration. This is the only difference.
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA – DOES FOOD CONTROL MIND ?
Subscribe to Power Humans